Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tyler's 1st Basket!







Today Tyler had another basketball game, same as the previous 4 Saturdays, but today was different! Today it was like all of the sudden Tyler began to understand the game. When he was on defense he defended. He did such a great job his coach spoke to us about his improvements after the game.
When he was on offense he dribbled, passed, and for the first time he shot and scored!! We all cheered. Tyler could be a very good athlete if he had more self confidence. He is fast. He can beat most of the other players but instead of shooting he always passes. He did this in soccer too. But not today. He stepped outside of his comfort zone and scored! I am soo proud of him!! After the game we went out for lunch as we were conversing about the game. It went like this:
Me: You played a good game today.
Tyler: Yeah!! It was like the best game ever. I mean ever ever!!
Me: Why do you say that?
Tyler: Because I scored. It has to be the bestest game ever.
I love him so much. I am so proud of him not only for making the basket. I am proud of him for trying. What a proud Momma I am today!!

1 comment:

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Good Job Tyler! We are very proud of you! Keep up the great work!!!