Tyler is still sick. He has been running a fever consistently around 103 since New Years Day. His fever hangs around 104 at night. He has started with stomach flu symptoms yesterday. This is lots of laundry and even more baths. He looks miserable. This picture was taken when his fever was down, about 101, so he actually looks better here. I have called the After Hours Clinic again. I think that a high fever for 4 days combined with throwing up, diarrhea, wheezing, and a cough that is awful is to long. They acted like I was an overprotective mom, which I am, but Tyler is the type of kid who gets every virus worse than most. If it lasts 3 days in most kids he has it for 7. He has not made it one year without being hospitalized at least once. I know my kid and he is very sick. He does not even want to get off the couch to go the bathroom. I have to make him. This is not my normal overactive child. If he is still running a fever tomorrow I am calling his pediatrician, who always listens to me, she knows me and knows that I know my kids well enough to know when they need more intervention. So hopefully he will be fever free tonight and wake up in the morning feeling great. I seriously doubt it but I am hopeful. If not I will update you tomorrow.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Still sick......
Tyler is still sick. He has been running a fever consistently around 103 since New Years Day. His fever hangs around 104 at night. He has started with stomach flu symptoms yesterday. This is lots of laundry and even more baths. He looks miserable. This picture was taken when his fever was down, about 101, so he actually looks better here. I have called the After Hours Clinic again. I think that a high fever for 4 days combined with throwing up, diarrhea, wheezing, and a cough that is awful is to long. They acted like I was an overprotective mom, which I am, but Tyler is the type of kid who gets every virus worse than most. If it lasts 3 days in most kids he has it for 7. He has not made it one year without being hospitalized at least once. I know my kid and he is very sick. He does not even want to get off the couch to go the bathroom. I have to make him. This is not my normal overactive child. If he is still running a fever tomorrow I am calling his pediatrician, who always listens to me, she knows me and knows that I know my kids well enough to know when they need more intervention. So hopefully he will be fever free tonight and wake up in the morning feeling great. I seriously doubt it but I am hopeful. If not I will update you tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh gosh Jen...this sounds horrible! Yes, don't worry about what that After Hours place thinks...they are not his mother! Poor poor boy! I know fever and flu bug are going around right now! Keep me updated...I will be checking each day!
Poor Tyler, I hope he feels better soon! I hope you all had a great time with my mom while she was there, wish I could have been there! Let us know how he's doing today.
Post a Comment