Monday, January 12, 2009

Sick of Sick




You all are probably as tired of reading about sick as I am writing about it. But here in my house it continues. Last night was one of the worst nights here in the Jones house in a long time. Ansley slept with us and so did Brynlie. Trenner was up at 1 with a very high temp. Jeff's fever stayed around 102 and he ended up sleeping in Trenner's bed with him. That left the girls to me. Anytime that I got Ansley to sleep Brynlie woke up whining miserably. I would get Brynlie to sleep and Ansley was moaning in pain. It was a heartbreaking long night. I finally got up and showered around 4. There was no reason to lay in bed awake. I wanted to be ready to take the girls to the doctor as soon as possible so I could return and try to rest. Well, their doctors appointment was not until 10:15 so I slept for about an hour before I had to leave. When I got up I had a terrible headache. Once I was on the way to the doctor I realized that this was not just any headache this was a terrible migraine. We live about 30 minutes from the doctor and I really have no idea how I made it there. Every vehicle I passed had a aura around it making it blend into the others. The silver vehicles almost disappeared. I was so careful it felt like it took hours to get there. Once we were there the aura's disappeared. I could not take my migraine meds because of nursing Brynlie so I knew I had to tough it out. While at the doctor's office I learned that Ansley has tonsillitis, we've never had this before, and I already knew by the smell of her ear that she had another ear infection. Brynlie has the same, she is about one ear infection away from tubes. After a long hour there it was time to take my 5 prescriptions and head to the pharmacy. Here, is where I use all the self control my sleepy head can find to be nice no matter what. There was a 45 minute wait. All the seats in the pharmacy were taken. They were taken by 2 fully capable men, 2 women, and 1 elderly lady that needed to be sitting. Now I am struggling to keep Brynlie happy and the florescent lights have brought my migraine back full force. Ansley is wanting to go, her fever is creeping back up and she is tired. Now, do you think that any of those people offered to let us sit?? Nope. They commented on how well behaved my kids were. To me that was evidence that they knew we were there and yet still were not moved to offer us a seat. I was not happy.
After leaving the pharmacy we headed home. I gave everyone their meds. Took temps and was ready to climb into bed for a much needed nap. Brynlie and I slept for about 30 minutes when I realized she needed her pacifier. I got up with her in my arms and carried her to her room to retrieve the much needed pacifier. I was right outside her door when she threw up everywhere. Now when I say everywhere I mean mostly all over me but it hit the walls, carpet, and her clothes as well. All I could do was yell for Jeff. My stress level is rising a bit. We get her changed. I realize a nap is not going to happen at this point so I take her and head downstairs. Time passes and I think that the boys are playing xbox. I tell them that their limit is up they need to find something else to do. Tyler comes in and says that Trenner is asleep. Oooh never a good thing. I am changing Brynlie's nasty diaper for the 2nd time in 20 minutes so I send Jeff in. He comes back and says,"Its 105.7." My stress level rises again. That is not good. I call the doctor. I know they think I am a freak. I can't handle my sick kids. I can handle sick kids. I can handle 2 sick kids, a sick baby, and a sick baby. This is the 3rd day that I have handled it. I can't handle the thought of my kids fever rising so high he has a seizure. My mind, heart, and current anxiety level could not deal with that. So I am waiting on the nurse to call me back. So its official I am sick of sick. Thanks to those of you who have left comments. I will get back to each one of you when time allows. I was barely able to get free to vent I mean blog. Thanks for listening. Stay Well:)

6 comments:

The Broeker Family said...

Jennifer - I hope everyone gets well soon for your sake and theirs. I'm praying you stay well!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! Seriously??? You and your poor family have been bumped straight to the TOP of my prayer list! Hang in there...

Courtney

The Weyer Family said...

Wow! I think once your family is over this you should be done for the year. No more sickness. I can't even imagine. I hope you have a better night tonight.

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Aaaww Jen! I feel sooo sorry for you! I can't wait until everyone is well. This is definitely something that you all deserve! I am praying for you all! Keep us updated when you can!

Amber Dupree said...

You must have nerves of steel! I'm praying for all of your family to get healthy quick. I cannot imagine!

Jaysi said...

You are one tough woman! I think I would have had a melt down by now if I were you. Hang in there. Hopefully it is almost done. Then go schedule yourself a spa day!!! You have more than earned it!!!