Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Traditions



















I realize that I am a little late on posting our after Thanksgiving traditions but late is better than never at all:) Our family is big on traditions and we love most of them. This year our shopping on the day after Thanksgiving started about an hour earlier than usual. I picked my sister up at 4:00 this year and we headed to Toys r us for some good ol deals. Now, when I say good deals I mean good deals. I saved almost $130.00 there. This was not without a price. WHEW!! The lines were crazy!! The people were rude but I got everything that I needed and that is what matters! We were only in there about an hour. Our next stop was Target. This proved to be a test of our patience. We waited in line there almost 2 hours. We continued shopping breaking for only a quick lunch and ended our shopping day around 2. This has became a holiday ritual for my sister, my mom, me, and my Nana meets us out around 10.We love our shopping days together without any kids or husband. There are no schedules or time constraints which makes it so much fun!
Another fun tradition is on the Saturday after Thanksgiving we go to the Christmas Tree Farm and choose the perfect tree. We meet Gramma and Papaw (my Mom and Dad) and my sister and brother in law. We have so much fun searching through trying to pick the right one! Then we watch as the guy cuts it down so we can take it home. While we wait for the tractors to bring our tree up the kids sat in the back of Gramma and Papaws truck and ate doughnuts!! Gramma brought doughnuts and chocolate milk for the kids and coffee and cappuccinos for the grown ups. What a good Gramma she is!!
We have so much fun keeping our wonderful traditions going!!

1 comment:

Jaysi said...

That looks like so much fun!! What a great gramma you have!! You are one great mom....there is no way I would have been out shopping at 4 an waiting in line 2 hours. No, I shopped in my pj's at my computer :) Sounds like you had a great time though!