Monday, December 8, 2008

Ansley's 1st Slumber Party

Ansley's 5th birthday was celebrated with her first slumber party! I had so much fun planning this special day for her. She invited 7 friends. When the girls arrived we had coloring books to keep them busy. Next, we made homemade personal pizzas. The girls really enjoyed making these. Then it was time to make our dessert. Luckily, we had just the right number of girls so they were each able to help with one ingredient of the cupcakes. After we finished baking it was time to get girly!! Manicures! My Nana, Aunt Barb, and Jeff's Mom all helped paint each girls tiny nails. Aunt Barb added embellishments as each girl waited patiently. Next was a fashion show. Each girl chose whatever costume they wanted and I announced their name and what they were wearing as the strutted down the runway. The crowd cheered and the paparazzi snapped pictures. Of course the crowd cheered. The crowd consisted of Brad, Brandy, and my Mom, Dad, Nana, and Big Daddy, and Aunt Barb. Jeff was our paparazzi. The Fashion Show was hard work. We worked up quite an appetite. Good thing decorating our cupcakes was next. We finished the night by creating the perfect sundae, perfect was whatever the girls chose. We had a wonderful slumber party filled with giggles, screams, and lots of fun. There were no tears or hurt feelings, thank goodness. We ended the night by watching movies. All girls were asleep by 11. The next day we enjoyed doughnuts and chocolate milk. As they left I gave them purses filled with candy necklaces, candy bracelets, candy rings, candy lipstick, and real lip gloss and fingernail polish. This party was fun for everyone! All for my princess, Ansley!!




3 comments:

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

So Fun! I am going to remember to contact you when Gabby has her 1st slumber party! You should be a party planner!!

Heather said...

I love reading your blog! Tell the kids hello for me, if they remember me! Wish I was coming up for the Holidays, I will be there sometime after the new year. My mom is coming up for 5 days on NYE, so I'm sure you all will have a good time together! She showed me the picture you sent of the kids, if you have any left will you send me one? you can email me if you need my address ...

hcwatson3@gmail.com

miss you all!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Jennifer! I am so darn excited! Thanks for your votes, too. :)