Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Almost 4 Months Already!!












Today was Brynlie's 4 month check up and I am happy to report that all is well. Brynlie is weighing a whopping 13.5 pounds and is 23 inches long(or short). Her weight is in the 20th percentile and her length is in the 5th percentile. Basically this means she is going to be bigger than Ansley was but not quite as fat as Trenner. She is going to be more on the short end of the scale like Ansley in height though. I could care less because to me she is perfect, as are all my children:) She got 4 shots today! She was quite the champ. She did not get fully ticked off until the 4th shot was finished and she let out a mad scream as if to say, "3 wasn't enough?" She is running a fever now and is quite the fussy baby. I am sure I am in for a long night.

I can't believe that my baby is already 4 months. I am not ready for her to get big. I guess because I know that this is truly my last baby!! No more pregnancy-which I could not enjoy with all the complications, no more nursing, and no more baby snuggles when she is bigger:( Last night Jeff and I had discussed letting her sleep in her own bed. As bedtime approached I nursed her and she was wide awake afterwards as if she knew where I was contemplating putting her. Well, I played with her, talked to her, cuddled her, and got her to sleep. Then I held her. I thought this is the last baby that will sleep in our bed. My throat got a huge lump in it and I got tears in my eyes. I blinked them away and then looked over at Jeff and said,"I think if you make me put her in her bed I will cry. I am not ready." Jeff being the understanding husband that he is said she could stay.:) I am thankful that he is so supportive of my need to cling on to my last baby.

No comments: