Monday, October 20, 2008
My Heart Hurts
Well, today is a day that I knew would come. I know with 4 kids there will be many more of these days. I let Tyler go across the street with a group of boys to play at another 2nd graders house. This is a first for me. I would much rather be able to see my children play and observe what they are doing. But I stepped outside of my comfort zone and let him play in this other kids yard. I walked over to get him for dinner and found him playing alone in the sandbox. I saw the rest of the boys playing baseball. I immedaitely assumed that Tyler was playing alone by choice. I somewhat scolded him saying,"Tyler if you go over there to play with the boys then you shouldn't be playing alone in the sandbox." He didn't say anything until we were out of the other kids sight. Then he lost it and began crying telling me that they said he couldn't play because he needed to practice. Then they told him that he couldn't play because they wanted the teams to be even.(LUMP IN THROAT AND HEART HURTING) These kids were mean to my son!!! I apologized and told him that I am sorry that happened to him. I explained to him that if that happened again that he could come home, I don't want him to stay if they are being mean to him. I don't even know what to do!! I want him to play with other kids but I am not sure I want him to go over to that house again. I don't want to be that overbearing Mom but I want to protect my son. This stinks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ouch...that hurts my heart too! I am so sorry for the little guy. Kids can be mean. Tell him to hang in there.
Oh, Jen! I'm so sorry. I know how much that hurts. My oldest son has Asperger's (a form of Autism) and we've dealt with issues like this since school started. I've gone through so much pain seeing him left out. From one mom to another, I send my love!
Aaaww...poor Tyler! I think that you should have this HUGE baseball game party in your yard and have him invite all of his friends from school and leave the rest of those kids out that are across the street. Ok..now that I am out of my mean mom phase...I am so sad for Tyler
Post a Comment