Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Little Bookworm







The kids are always bringing home something from school that they need money for. So I wasn't surprised at all when Trenner brought home a book order form. I was surprised though at how persistent he was in wanting to order books. I let him pick out 2 books. I told him if he read those that we would get more next time. On Thursday his book order came in. Trenner was so excited he immediately started reading the first book. The 2nd book was a chapter book so I was not sure how well he would do with it, he is only a first grader. On Thursday he read the first 2 chapters. Friday when he got home from school he gave me his book bag and ran outside. He took his book and I looked outside and found him sitting on the slide reading his book. He finished his book outside later that afternoon!

1 comment:

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Go Trenner! You smartie pants you!