
Why do I have a picture of a hamster in a pink cage on this post ?Well, I mentioned in an earlier post that I am coaching soccer for Ansley's team. To encourage Ansley to try to score a goal I told her I would buy her a hamster (she has been begging me for months)if she scored a goal. This is Ansley's first season playing soccer. Last night was her 2nd game. In all honesty I thought that this was a safe bet! However, last night we had several close calls. She would get a break away,she is quite fast despite her small size, and be ahead of the pack and then she would trip over the ball and fall smack in front of the goal. We are guessing that because the ball comes up past her shins it makes it hard to dribble quickly.:0 After about the fourth break away Ansley dribbled as fast as she could and she scored. I was distracted from seeing the look on her face by the enormours cheers that I heard coming from a group of children on the sideline. These children were screaming and jumping up and down yelling,"Yeah, Ansley You did it! Good Job!" These cheers came from Tyler, Trenner, and our neighbor Bryson. Let me tell you it does not get much better than seeing the excitement in my children's face for an accomplishment their sibling made. Made me quite the proud Momma. Evidently the only thing better than seeing my sons cheering my daughter on was seeing the smile on Ansley's face. My parents, grandparents, and Jeff all agreed that was priceless. I am so proud of Ansley ! I told her we would buy her a hamster so that she would try to score. I knew once she got "the feeling" you get when you score she would want to score again. This proved true as she flew down the field the remainder of the game attempting many shots again! Way to go Ansley!!
1 comment:
Way to go Ansley!! That is awesome!!
Post a Comment