This morning was Ansley's Kindergarten Orientation. She was so excited. She be-bopped around posed for pictures and talked nonstop. All the while I choked back the lump in my throat and tried to keep myself in a good mood. My heart is sad. I know that this is an exciting time for her. I am happy that she is developmentally ready and capable. We are blessed. However, I am not happy in the least bit. Every time I let me mind wander back to the reason we were at school I had to choke back tears. I couldn't help it my eyes would just well up. Now, I didn't do this with the boys. I was really excited for them. I am not sure what the difference is. The only thing that I can think is that I know now that kindergarten really changes your kids. It makes them grow up a bit. Ansley was my "baby" for so long I am not ready for her to grow up. I love having her home with me. We have fun while the boys are at school. We shop, do manicures, bake, and cuddle. I love this time. I don't want it to end. I know that kids have to grow up but I would like to keep Ansley the way she is right now, my little princess!!!!:(
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Ansley's Kindergarten Orientation
This morning was Ansley's Kindergarten Orientation. She was so excited. She be-bopped around posed for pictures and talked nonstop. All the while I choked back the lump in my throat and tried to keep myself in a good mood. My heart is sad. I know that this is an exciting time for her. I am happy that she is developmentally ready and capable. We are blessed. However, I am not happy in the least bit. Every time I let me mind wander back to the reason we were at school I had to choke back tears. I couldn't help it my eyes would just well up. Now, I didn't do this with the boys. I was really excited for them. I am not sure what the difference is. The only thing that I can think is that I know now that kindergarten really changes your kids. It makes them grow up a bit. Ansley was my "baby" for so long I am not ready for her to grow up. I love having her home with me. We have fun while the boys are at school. We shop, do manicures, bake, and cuddle. I love this time. I don't want it to end. I know that kids have to grow up but I would like to keep Ansley the way she is right now, my little princess!!!!:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures!! It is so hard to let them grow up, huh?
The lipstick on my teeth is a bonus.
Post a Comment