As a mother we never can believe another year has passed before our eyes and our precious child is yet another year older. We can always vividly remember the events that changed how our lives were forever changed by the birth of our child. Trenner's story starts like so many you read about. Jeff and I wanted a baby so badly. I had 3 miscarriages and endometriosis. I had several surgeries and 3 rounds of unsuccessful fertility treatments. We were on our last treatment before IVF when I conceived. I remember taking the test at the drs office. I had an hour to wait until I found out. I decided it was best to drive around a bit to pass time. I was so nervous and scared. We couldn't afford IVF and I wanted to be a Mom more than anything else. Then I drove past a church and on the sign out front it said,"Trust in God, his timing is always right." Then I felt an overwhelming sense of calmness, I am not a normally calm person, and I drove home. I was shocked when the nurse called to confirm my pregnancy. I was so excited. I told Amy Klink 1st, even before Jeff, if I am remembering correctly. I was scared too. Over the next few weeks I had many blood tests and ultrasounds. Luckily, this pregnancy was much different than those I miscarried. I was sick!! I was 6 weeks pregnant when I got the call from Division of Family and Children. They had a baby boy for me. He was 6 months old and his name was Tyler. They thought that this would be a possible adoption. Was I interested?
After all that we had been through I knew one thing was for sure, nothing in life is guaranteed. So, after talking with Jeff we decided to meet this baby. Obviously we loved him the moment we saw him. His bio. Mom signed over her rights on March 5, 2002. On March 6th, 2002 Trenner was born healthy and happy. He was perfect! He got to stay in my room with me the whole time. I was a happy nervous wreck. So, after 3 years of trying to have a baby we were blessed twice within one day. What a blessing!! Gods timing is always right. This story proves it. I know that without all the trials we had we might not have been blessed with Tyler.
When it was time to bring Trenner home from the hospital I did not want to leave. I knew there he was safe and they monitored everything. I cried the night before because I was so scared .
When we arrived at home we were blessed with the company of Luke, Amy, and Matthew. I clearly remember changing Trenner's first diaper at home on the nice new changing table. He peed all over everything. I just wanted to cry, I may have. I remember Amy laughing as she consoled me saying,"It's okay." I remember being so scared and so tired but being so blessed.
3 comments:
Wow!! What an amazing story! Very inspirational! You may not know me, but I go to Holy Spirit Church. I am actually the first grade teacher there. I think you have a beautiful family and I love checking your blog through the Broeker Family blog.
Thanks!! I recognize you from church and seeing you around school. I will have to stop by and visit your blog now!!
My how time flies! I remember going to the chapel when Zoe was in Riley and reading the most fitting scripture. It is amazing the calm that the word of God can bring upon you.
Post a Comment