Trenner has been talking for days about this "End of the Year Celebration". He has been begging me to come, like I would miss it?!?! This program has been all he has talked about. I was excited to see it as well. When we arrived in the classroom I was so excited to see my Trenner with his peers. I was not prepared for the emotional part of this program. It was filled with children singing songs, acting out skits, and reading poems. The songs were very emotional for me. All I could think about what the fact that Trenner was leaving first grade and entering second. HE was leaving somewhere safe and starting somewhere new. I watched how the kids interacted with each other. They were like family. I watched his teacher as she wiped her tears away. That is when I really knew that Trenner had been blessed with one of the best teacher's ever. One of the things I always told myself when I was teaching was if I didn't cry at the end of the year as I said goodbye to my students then it was time to get a new job. So, when I saw Mrs. Mills crying I knew that I had been blessed with a teacher who loved my child. She loved her job as his teacher. I am so thankful for that. I am so sad that with the start of every year comes the end. I hate change. When everything is going well why do we have to change it?!?! Unfortunately change is inevitable. Trenner performed wonderfully. He said his lines perfectly, you would never know how shy he is. He sang songs with animation. He was proud of himself as he should be. The program was ended with a slide show. To see all the things the children did through the year was very special but what made it even more special was hearing the children saying each child's name with excitement as the appeared on the screen.
I wish that I could keep my children young forever, or even just a bit longer, but I know that can't happen. I will try to be comforted by the fact that for first grade my son was blessed with the picture perfect school experience. I can hope and pray that his second grade teacher will be as great as his first. Thank you Mrs. Mills for a wonderful year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment