For some reason this Mother's Day is making me emotional. Today while driving to Target I was listening to the radio. A woman was reading a letter to her Mom. I cried like a baby. Then I was checking up on the blogs that I follow and ran across Courtneys. She was reading a letter she wrote to her mom. Once again I cried like a baby. This year I have decided to write a letter to my Mom, who is a picture perfect example of what all Moms should be.
Dear Mom,
I can't put into words how grateful I am to have been blessed with a Mom like you. I am thankful that you were there to pick me up when I was small and broke my arm. I am thankful that you were there to cheer for me at all my soccer games. I am thankful you were there when it was time to shop for school clothes. I am thankful you were there to welcome me home when I got home for school. I am thankful that you stayed home to make sure Natalie and I did not find trouble during our teenage years. I am thankful that you set strict curfews, even though I thought they were dumb as a teenager. I am thankful that you supported me no matter what!! I am thankful you were by my side as we chose wedding dresses. I am thankful you were by my side when I had my miscarriages. I am thankful you were there through all my struggles with infertility. I am thankful that you were there to guide me when we got Tyler and for the births of all my children. I am thankful because without a Mom like you I would not know how to mother my children. I am thankful that you have always been there for me. You have been my cheerleader, chauffeur, personal shopper, housekeeper, chef, and many more but most of all you have been my best friend. Thank you for all you do. I truly appreciate all that you have sacrificed for me and Natalie. I now see how hard your job was. Thank you for being selfless and giving your all so that Natalie and I had it all!! I love you Happy Mother's Day!!
Love, Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment