Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Way or Another ER Here We Come!!











Today I was caught off guard by a scream that was unlike one that I had heard before and it was coming from Brynlie. Tyler had accidentally smashed her finger in the ottomon. When I say smashed I mean he flattened it. Luckily, with ice we were able to keep the swelling down. I decided this with the help of my sister. We decided to watch it and if it is worse in the morning I would take her in..



So....I am preparing for a relaxing evening at home. My first mistake. I started the grill, Jeff was cutting grass, a perfect Saturday evening with no plans at all. I am in the bathroom when the front door opens and Tyler (my hemophiliac son) cries,"Mommy. I had a wreck on my bike and I am hurt real bad." Now, I would like to say I had wonderful intution about this and I rushed to his side but this time I did not. Here lately "hurt real bad" is a scratch that barely has a red dot of blood. I listened... Ansley screamed....."Oh, there's blood lots of blood!! Mommy!!" Okay, I am now not even wanting to open the door. I am scared of what I will find.



I opened the door and found Tyler with blood all over his face and crying. He had several spots on his face and his eye and jaw were swelling. He complained of his teeth being loose. As I cleaned him up he fell asleep. I quickly yelled for Jeff and loaded Tyler up for a trip to the ER. All the way to the hospital he kept dosing off. I drove faster. I was in constant communication with his Indy doctor who informed me that if I didn't get there soon I needed to call an ambulance, we live 30 minutes from the hospital.Once arriving to the ER we look at the wonderful variety of people that are also awaiting treatment....a scary scene I tell you! Due to Tyler's condition he is automatically seen next. This infuriates one woman who decides to voice her opinion loudly to me and the nurse approaching me and Tyler yelling,"That ain't fair, What happened to him anyways?" She then turns to Tyler and says,"What's wrong with you?" Now, I am a very nice person. Most of the time. However, you mess with my kids and I can't promise anything. Thankfully, the receptionist intervenes and explains that it is none of her business and told her to sit down. I said nothing, However, I shot her a look that said,"Seriously.....Did you really just say that?"



5 hours later, one CAT scan, one x-ray, and one i.v infusion later we came home. All tests were negative. His injuries were mostly surface. He knocked three teeth very loose and we will see the dentist Monday for that. He will be infused again tomorrow as a precautionary measure. Thankfully, my Tyler is okay. Today I learned that he is quite possibly one of the bravest boys I know. No tears for i.v's or anything. What a trooper!

2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Wow, Jen! Never a dull moment in your house, huh? I'm so glad Tyler is okay...and the nerve of that lady...geez!

Anonymous said...

Once again, you exhibited MUCH more restraint than I'm afraid I could have:) I got mad just reading about that not-so-nice lady. Some people...ugh! Glad Tyler is o.k.