Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day







Well, since I did a post about my mother it is only fit that I also do a post for my Dad.


I am thankful for my Dad for many reasons. I am thankful that he always provided well for my family, even though the more he made the more we wanted he would just work harder to provide more for us. I am thankful that my Dad taught me that taking out the trash is a man's job.(This is a rule in our house now:) I am thankful for my Dad loving my Mom and showing me what a great marriage is supposed to be like. I am thankful that together they provided me with the "Leave it To Beaver" type of home. One that you only see on television. I am thankful that I have the type of Dad who gets along with most everyone. I am thankful that my Dad enjoys family more than anything. I am so thankful that my Dad loves my children as much as I do. I am so thankful that is so involved in their lives. From going on field trips to class plays he is always there. I am thankful that my Dad corrects my children if they start to disrespect me by simply saying, " You can't talk to your Mom like that!"I am thankful for my Dad and his never ending support. I am thankful for his handy man skills. I am thankful for the way he loves us. I am thankful for his "hardcore image" with a "soft like pie" inside. I am thankful for the neverending pile of leaves he would rake so that I could jump into them. I am thankful for all the sled rides in the snow. I am thankful that he helped teach my children to ride their bikes.( The Good Lord knows my nerves could not take it) I am thankful for all the help he gives with coaching soccer. I am thankful for the Christmas tradition of him cooking for us on Christmas morning. I am thankful for my Dad. My Dad is an example of what all Dads should strive to be. He provides, protects, serves,cleans, cooks, supports, teaches, and most importantly loves us with every fiber of his being. It is not often that I stop and say Thanks!


Dad,

I know that you read this blog regularly. Always remember that I love you and appreciate all that you do for me and my family more than you will ever know.

Love Always, Jennifer

No comments: