
Today is
Brynlie's 1st birthday!! I can't believe it has been that long already!! At the same time though I can't believe it has only been a year.
Brynlie has changed our lives so much for the better in the short time she has been here. She has given Ansley the
privilege and responsibility of big sister, a job Ansley takes very seriously.
So what better day to reminisce..................It seems like just yesterday that Christina, my friend from work, said, " Jennifer, you need to get a pregnancy test done I have never seen you so moody." I thought she was crazy. Her daughter was pregnant and now she was thinking that I was. However, I went to get a test. I waited as the results came in. I remember laughing to myself. After all the miscarriages and infertility
roller coasters there is not a single chance that I could be pregnant. I can't get pregnant on my own. Well, the nurse came in and said,"You are pregnant!" I was in complete shock. I started to crack up. Whoa! That means I would be 32 weeks pregnant at my sisters wedding. That is when I delivered Ansley. That is when my mind raced back to the horrible pregnancy that I had with Ansley. Fear started. I was so scared of the unknown. I quickly remembered why I did not want to be pregnant again. It was because of the stressful complications that my pregnancies bring. It all started with morning sickness. I had shots to keep me pregnant as long as possible beginning at week 16. Next, preterm labor began at 24 weeks. It was
bed rest after that. At home monitoring was next. This was when I really went crazy. The monitoring strip would be sent to nurses who would monitor the
amount of contractions that I had. They then would determine what needed to happen. Most of the time they would up my medicine. Eventually, the number of contractions I was having was so great that I was started on an iv at home. I would have to change these every other day. FUN. At 35 weeks
Brynlie decided that she could wait no longer. She made her appearance into the world and made my life brighter. She was the best surprise ever!! She made all the stress worth it. I am so thankful to be her Mommy and that she is my baby!!
I am so thankful that God chose to bless me with another child. She adds so much personality and excitement to our house. It is so much fun to watch as the kids get so excited as Brynlie accomplishes milestones. When she started walking it was so much fun to see and hear the kids and their friends cheer her on. They were clapping and yelling for her. I am blessed.
1 comment:
That was a very fast year! Happy Birthday to your sweet baby :)
Your new pictures are great!
Post a Comment