Monday, November 2, 2009

Lane





Here is my sweet baby nephew, Lane Wilson Young, I have not held this precious baby and I love him more than I can explain. He is doing well in the NICU. He has steadily made progress each day. I know that he is a strong little guy and will continue to fight and grow every day. Right now we are facing some small hurdles that I am sure with all of your prayers we can overcome ....One of the most recent changes is that he has a PDA in his heart. From what I understand it is a gap that should have filled in by birth but has not due to his early arrival. He will begin ibuprofen for three days to help close the gap. Please pray that this medicine is all that his tiny body needs. Next, he needs to be weaned from the vent completely. This will also allow Natalie the chance to finally hold her baby. This will be important for both Lane and Natalie. We want him on this machine the least amount of time possible!! Our final goal for right now is for him to begin feedings. Feedings will bring more hurdles but with each hurdle we overcome we step one foot closer to our perfect baby boy coming home.
Natalie and Jake are remaining strong. Natalie has stayed at the hospital each night since being discharged. However, today she has learned that her room is needed by another family. Please pray for strength for Natalie today. I know how hard it is to leave the hospital without your baby. It is not something I ever wish to relive. It is something that breaks my heart to know that my sister has to endure.
Thanks for every ones comments and support. Please keep my sister and her baby in your prayers!!







3 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Still praying, Jen! I can't even imagine all the emotions that go along with this situation, but I do know that God is good all the time and that He is in control. Hang in there!

BandBbaby said...

Praying for that beautiful little boy!

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Our thoughts are prayers are with all of you guys! I'm sure Natalie feels so lucky to have such special family and friends as support during this time! Jen...how are you? I know that it must be hard for you as well. Please let me know if I can help. I will let everyone know to pray pray pray! I have a full feeling in my heart that Lane is going to be okay...he is going to pull through this and be a healthy bright baby boy in no time at all! All my love to your family and you too Jen!