Monday, November 9, 2009

Baby Lane Update

Lane is such a trooper. He is doing very well. Lane has been off the vent since Thursday. We are very excited about this. He is on a little bit of oxygen to remind him to breathe. Recently, he began feedings through ng tube and the amount is increasing daily. He has tolerated this well!! We are so happy with his progress.
Natalie has been able to hold Lane daily and I believe this is good for both baby and Mom!! She was able to do kangaroo care on Saturday for an hour!! This proved to be great for Lane, his stats were the best they've ever been. He knew his Mommy's touch:)
The main thing that is concerning to us now is the number of bradycardia's he is having. These are completely normal for preemies (this kept both my daughters in the NICU a week longer than expected.) However, we want them to stop:) This is still a long road for Natalie and Jake. Prayers are still needed. I know the longer it takes the harder it gets both physically and emotionally. We are hoping that Lane will be able to be home in time for Christmas. I am very anxious to see my nephew and hold him!! I can't wait. I love him soo much and I can't wait to spoil him. Thanks so much for all the prayers and support. I will keep you up to date every week or with anything significant!!

2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Glad that all the news is pretty good! I'm sure he knows his mommy's touch, and that it makes all the difference! I'll continue to pray!

Jaysi said...

I am so happy to hear that he is doing well. God is so good...I am amazed at is healing powers. I mean 29 weeks???? That is so awesome! I am so glad that your sister is hanging in there, and that she got to hold him. That is fantastic. I will continue to pray for your little nephew. Thanks for keeping us updated.