Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Brave Boy

The past few weeks we have been working to switch all of the kids rooms around. This means utter mess and chaos. We are finally getting everything together. The boys have adjusted well to sharing a room and sleeping in bunk beds. I have been proud to say we were without incidence................until last night.
Ansley came downstairs and said that Tyler was crying because he was hurt. I checked Tyler out and found no apparent red marks or bruising and there was no blood. From what Tyler told me I believed they were just wrestling and he landed on a toy car. I assumed that he was tired and sent him to bed. This morning he got up and said he didn't feel like going to school. "I think my hip is sprained!" He said. I again checked him out and sent his little self to school.
Around 10 the school nurse called to tell me that Tyler is in her office complaining about his hip hurting. He told her it hurts bad and he needs to go to the doctor. I said that I would call the Hemophilia Center to see what they wanted me to do. While I am looking for the number Ansley says," Trenner dared Tyler to roll off the bunk bed and me and Trenner were going to catch him. We caught his head but his back and hip landed on a wooden car." This changed everything. That means he fell over 3 feet onto a very hard toy. I knew what this meant, an infusion. Tyler was admitted into the Pediatric Unit and infused with his medicine. He did not require anyone to hold him down and he did not he cry,wince, or flinch! He told the nurse,"I don't have to be distracted. I am used to this." What a brave boy he is!!




2 comments:

Jaysi said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe that! Kids will be kids, huh? Poor guy. I hope his hip is feeling better soon. I can't imagine how much that must hurt!

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Oh my gosh...good thing Ansley told you about this! Hemophilia is so scary I am sure! You would know for sure! Geez Jen...it always seems to be something with us moms isn't it?!?! Take care and we miss you guys!