Saturday, February 28, 2009

Enjoying a Day with Trenner




Once again, it seems that my children are taking turns each day passing around some yucky virus. Wednesday Tyler complained that he was sick. I encouraged him to go to school and "see how he felt." Well, he was sent home from school with the flu, watery eyes, sneezing, just enough to make him miserable. Thursday he stayed home and Trenner said he was sick. I encouraged him to go to school and "see how he felt." He did. Then around 2:30, when he got off the bus I could tell my buddy was sick. He came in and whined and cried. I took his temp. and sure enough it was up. He fell asleep on the couch and I nominated myself for Mom of the year 2 kids in 2 days that I sent to school when they complained about being sick and.....they were really sick!! After I got passed the guilt I decided that Trenner would stay home on Friday.
Trenner woke up feeling okay. We got Tyler off to school and then we made a mad dash for Ansley's school. I decided that since we live 30 minutes from Ansley's preschool and Trenner was feeling better that we would stay in town and complete some errands. So.... we did. We took a break for some doughnuts at The Donut Bank, Trenner's favorite!! I took advantage of my day with Trenner and made it more of a Mommy and Trenner day, even though Brynlie was with us she was asleep, I am so glad that I did. We went shopping for Trenner some new shoes, which he is very proud of!! We went shopping for Mommy, Trenner even helped me choose a new shirt:) He held the door for me and was so much fun to have around. We were leaving the mall standing on the curb waiting to cross and a bus zoomed by us Trenner laughed out loud and said,"Well, at least there were no puddles!" I thought this was hilarious. It made me realize the importance of making special time for each child. This was priceless. I wouldn't trade that time for anything! It was a simple day with my Trenner and I loved every minute of it!!

No comments: