Friday, August 22, 2008

"They Are Growing Up"








Tonight we had a new meal for dinner but that was not all that was exciting. Trenner was eating his dinner roll and suddenly he pulled something out of his mouth,"my tooth" he said. We all oohed and ahhed. Trenner being the inquisitive kid that he is he had a million questions for us. Losing the first tooth is just the start of Trenner growing up and I can handle the losing of the "1st tooth". It is what Tyler said next that scares me! We were all talking about Trenner needing to put his tooth in his room so the Tooth fairy could find it later tonight. Tyler then chimes in,"I think parents are the Tooth fairy. They give you money cause they want to keep your teeth." Shocked I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing and tried to play it off with a simple,"I don't want your teeth!" Jeff then reiterated the fact by saying,"What would we do with all those teeth?"` Tyler then laughed and said,"It was a joke I was joking." He let it go. He believed us this time. Thank Goodness. Tonight made me realize what I dread ...........when they stop believing in Santa. That is a day that I want to happen in the distant future. I want my kids to be little as long as possible!!

1 comment:

Jeff, Katie and Gabby said...

Go job guys....you pulled it off! I wonder if Tyler was playing along too or if he really was stumped too! The kids are growing up. I couldn't help but look at Trenner and then picture him as a baby all over again! Aaaaww! Miss you guys and love ya!