Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Results Are In........




It seems every ones first day was a success. It was hard to listen as the stories poured in. I was never so happy to see my kids as when the big yellow bus pulled up today. I was greeted with hugs and smiles. Everyone loved school. Ansley told me she meeted a friend....Trenner played tag with the kid he shares a locker with.....Tyler really enjoyed his nice new teacher.....Mommy is glad her kids enjoyed their first day but is happier that her children are all home:) I thought that I would share the poem that Ansley's teacher sent home. This along with the letter she wrote to all the families in her class ensures me that Ansley's in good hands.

The First Day of School
I gave you a little wink and a smile
As you entered my room today
I know how hard it is to leave
And simply walk away
You've been together for several years
You've been a loving guide
But now the time has finally come,
To leave your child by my side
Just know that as you drive away
And tears may start to flow
I'll love your child as I would my own
And help your little one to grow
So place a favorite picture here
And cherish it in your own way
And know that your child will be safe and loved
As we work and learn each day

sniffle sniffle....it made me feel better. I still can't get through it without a lump and a few tears...

1 comment:

thebairdfamily said...

Jennifer,

That was so sweet. Oh my gosh...I had a lump in my throat. Good luck to Ansley in school this year. Nathan will miss her.

Tammy Baird